Best Lawyers in America® 2012 Honors Cohen & Grigsby Attorneys (Pittsburgh)
Best Lawyers in America® 2012 Honors Cohen & Grigsby Attorneys
PITTSBURGH, PA – September 19, 2011 – Cohen & Grigsby, a business law firm with headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA and an office in Bonita Springs, FL, is pleased to announce that 29 of the firm’s Pittsburgh-based attorneys have been recognized in Best Lawyers in America® 2012. This year’s honorees are:
- Administrative/Regulatory Law: Anthony Cillo
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law: William E. Kelleher, Jr.
- Commercial Litigation: Larry K. Elliott, Robert M. Linn, Richard R. Nelson II, Jeffrey P. Ward
- Corporate Law: James D. Chiafullo, Charles C. Cohen, Jack W. Elliott, David J. Kalson, Hugh W. Nevin, Jr.
- Employment Law- Management: Ronald J. Andrykovitch, Robert B. Cottington, James R. Haggerty, Robert F. Prorok
- Immigration Law: John S. Brendel, Lawrence M. Lebowitz, Matthew T. Phillips
- International Trade and Finance Law: V. Susanne Cook
- Labor Law-Management: Ronald J. Andrykovitch, Robert B. Cottington, James R. Haggerty, Robert F. Prorok
- Litigation & Controversy-Tax: Hugh W. Nevin, Jr.
- Litigation-Bankruptcy: William E. Kelleher, Jr.
- Litigation-Intellectual Property: Robert M. Linn
- Litigation-Labor & Employment: Robert B. Cottington, James R. Haggerty, Robert M. Linn
- Litigation-Land Use and Zoning: Clifford B. Levine
- Litigation-Securities: Larry K. Elliott, Richard R. Nelson II
- Litigation-Trust & Estates: R. Michael Daniel, Christopher F. Farrell, Jeffrey P. Ward
- Mediation: James B. Brown
- Mergers & Acquisitions Law: Jack W. Elliott
- Non-Profit/Charities Law: Christopher F. Farrell
- Public Finance Law: Charles R. Brodbeck
- Real Estate Law: Charles R. Brodbeck, Michael H. Syme, William R. Taxay
- Tax Law: Christopher F. Farrell, David J. Kalson, Hugh W. Nevin, Jr.
- Technology Law: David J. Kalson
- Trusts and Estates: R. Michael Daniel, Christopher F. Farrell, C. Eric Pfeil, Mario Santilli, Jr., Jonathan M. Schmerling
- Venture Capital Law: David J. Kalson
“I’d like to congratulate all of the attorneys who were selected by their peers for inclusion on the Best Lawyers in America 2012 list,” said Jack Elliott, president and CEO of Cohen & Grigsby. “The majority of these attorneys have been recognized by Best Lawyers for several years running, and some have appeared on the list for ten years or longer. It is truly a testament to their dedication to excellence, and I congratulate them on their ongoing achievements.”
Since its inception in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Because Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which more than 41,000 leading attorneys cast almost 3.9 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas, and because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”