Katie R. JacobsDirector
Katie is a Director in the Litigation Group experienced in a wide range of commercial litigation and business matters affecting clients across a number of industries including metals, manufacturing, transportation and energy. She has frequently been part of a team representing clients in matters relating to construction disputes, employment matters and breach of contract litigation. Katie also counsels and represents clients on Right to Know Law issues related to government contracts, applications to governmental agencies and other third-party agreements with governmental entities. In addition, Katie assists the Sports & Exhibition Authority of Pittsburgh and Allegheny County (SEA) on a variety of procurement issues.
Katie’s experience includes extensive legal research, drafting pleadings and motions, and articulating litigation strategy. She has engaged in all levels of general litigation practice, including preliminary injunction proceedings, depositions, discovery, motions, settlement, trial preparation, trial, and appeals. Recently, Katie was second chair in a breach of contract action filed in the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas that resulted in a multi-million dollar jury verdict.
Prior to receiving her law degree, she worked as a summer associate at Cohen & Grigsby. She is a 2009 graduate of University of Pittsburgh School of Law.
Katie is a member of the Firm’s Hiring and Diversity & Inclusion Committees and is actively involved in the community. Her efforts extend beyond the four walls of the firm as Katie proudly supports many extraordinary nonprofit, community and cultural organizations.
- Board Member, Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council
- Chair, Cohen & Grigsby Summer Program
- Member, Cohen & Grigsby Diversity & Inclusion Committee
- Member, Cohen & Grigsby Hiring Committee
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association (ACBA)
- Member, ACBA Judiciary Committee
- Mentor, University of Pittsburgh School of Law BLSA Footprints Mentorship Program
- Former Member, Cohen & Grigsby Associates Committee
- Former Treasurer, ACBA Homer S. Brown Division
- Former Board Member, Pittsburgh Urban Magnet Project (PUMP)
- Presenter, “Advantages and Pitfalls of Becoming an MBE/WBE/DBE,” C&G Academy, January 2018
- Faculty Member, “Next Steps for Medical Marijuana in Pennsylvania,” PBI seminar, Pittsburgh, October 2017
- Presenter, C&G Academy, “Harassment & Ethics Seminar: Policies and Issues for the Law Firm,” October 2017
- Presenter, C&G Academy, “Drafting an Effective Settlement Agreement,” December 2016