Speakers Share Expertise on Labor and Employment Law During Seminar Hosted By Cohen & Grigsby
Seminar and Networking Event to be Held on May 14, 2012
PITTSBURGH, PA – May 8, 2012 – Cohen & Grigsby, a business law firm with headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA and an office in Naples, FL, will host a labor and employment seminar on May 14, 2012 at the Sheraton Station Square Hotel (300 West Station Square Drive, Pittsburgh, PA). The seminar will begin with breakfast and networking from 8:00-8:30 a.m., and will feature presentations from experts in labor and employment law from 8:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
“Companies recognize the importance of remaining at the forefront of changes in labor and employment law. That’s why our attorneys make it a priority to ensure they are providing clients with the best counsel on matters ranging from employee benefits to employment contracts,” said Robert Cottington, chair of Cohen & Grigsby’s Labor & Employment group. “This upcoming seminar will cover important issues our clients are facing across the full spectrum of labor, employment and human resource law, and we believe that attendees will find it informative and valuable.”
Cohen & Grigsby’s labor and employment seminar will feature the following topics and speakers:
- ADA/FMLA Update: Presented by Anne M. Lavelle and Marie I. Rivera-Johnson.
- Affirmative Action Developments: Presented by Lisa L. Garrett.
- Discipline and Documentation: Presented by Valerie S. Faeth.
- Top Ten Tips on the Toughest Benefits Topics: Presented by Bruce G. Gabler, Martha Jo Wagner, Anne M. Lavelle, Jennifer M. Gardner and Allison D. Warden.
- Electronic Discovery: Presented by Robert F. Prorok and Jessi D. Isenhart.
- NLRB Election Rules and Other Developments: Presented by Ronald J. Andrykovitch, James R. Haggerty and Ryan W. Colombo.
Cohen & Grigsby attorneys in the firm’s labor & employment practice group focus on union issues, the labor and employment aspects of business transactions, employment contracts, employment litigation defense, workers’ compensation issues, avoidance of employment-related legal actions, and management and supervisor training. The firm also conducts audits and helps its clients develop, implement and update employment policies and practices that are progressive and compliant. Cohen & Grigsby represents employers in industries including manufacturing, transportation, health care, finance, high technology, non-profit and the service sector.
To register for Cohen & Grigsby’s labor and employment law seminar, please RSVP at 412-297-4655 by May 11, 2012. The seminar has been approved for three PA substantive CLE credits and has been submitted to HRCI for review.